Hello SeniorNet fans how are you?
Hope everything is going great with you
Today we gonna talk about some symptoms and how to tell if there is Spyware on Your Computer .
if you notice the following things happening on your computer, make sure that your computer is infected and a spyware is installed , and you need to fix the problems as soon as possible before it is late:
- Your computer suddenly seems very slow when opening programs or processing tasks (saving files, etc.).
- You are subject to endless pop-up windows.
- You are redirected to web sites other than the one you typed into your browser.
- New, unexpected toolbars appear in your web browser.
- New, unexpected icons appear in the task tray at the bottom of your screen.
- Your browser’s home page suddenly changed.
- The search engine your browser opens when you click “search” has been changed.
- Certain keys fail to work in your browser (e.g., the tab key doesn’t work when you are moving to the next field within a form).
- Random Windows error messages begin to appear.
How Can You Prevent Spyware from Installing on Your Computer?
To avoid unintentionally installing it yourself, follow these good security practices:
- Don’t click on links within pop-up windows. Because pop-up windows are often a product of spyware, clicking on the window may install spyware software on your computer. To close the pop-up window, click on the “X” icon in the title bar instead of a “close” link within the window.
- Choose “no” when asked unexpected questions – Be wary of unexpected dialog boxes asking whether you want to run a particular program or perform another type of task. Always select “no” or “cancel,” or close the dialog box by clicking the “X” icon in the title bar.
- Be wary of free downloadable software – There are many sites that offer customized toolbars or other features that appeal to users.
- Don’t download programs from sites you don’t trust, and realize that you may be exposing your computer to spyware by downloading some of these programs.
- Don’t follow email links claiming to offer anti-spyware software like email viruses, the links may serve the opposite purpose and actually install the spyware it claims to be eliminating.
How Do You Remove Spyware?
- Run a full scan on your computer with your anti-virus software – Some anti-virus software will find and remove spyware, but it may not find the spyware when it is monitoring your computer in real time. Set your anti-virus software to prompt you to run a full scan periodically.
- Run a legitimate product specifically designed to remove spyware – Many vendors offer products that will scan your computer for spyware and remove any spyware software. Information Technology recommends using Spybot Search and Destroy. This software can be downloaded for free at this website:http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022-10122137.html?part=dl-spybot&subj=dl&tag=but
Thank you SeniorNet fans
See you next time with new tips and trick.