Each person has a different level of comfort when it comes to social media usage and privacy concerns. I am relatively open about my whereabouts and actvities, but some of my friends prefer to keep this information private, while others opt to share practically anything and everything but the kitchen sink.
To help you manage what is and isn’t posted/tagged of you on Facebook, you should update your Privacy Settings immediately.
Follow these simple steps to ensure that you review tags/posts before they are published on your Timeline:
1. Login to Facebook and click on the “down arrow” button located at the top right of the page.
2. Select “Privacy Settings”
3. Click on “Edit Settings” next to Timeine and Tagging
4. A pop-up window will appear. Make sure “Review posts friends tag you in before they appear in your timeline” AND “Review tags friends add to your own posts on Facebook” are both turned ON. If it’s OFF, simply click on it and select “Enable.”
5. Once you have enabled this feature, click DONE.
What this means is that when a friend tags you in a post or photo in the future, you will be prompted to review and ”Approve” it before it appears on your Facebook Timeline.